Mid-week footstool, walnut woes etc…




Direct video link - https://youtu.be/MfbQmcCGfmU


Hi everyone. Just a quick one about footstool progress - apologies for posting so late, this was stuck in ‘processing’ at youTube…. 🤷‍♂️

I made a start at the Danish cord weaving on the practice stool, and made a complete hash of it! I know what I did wrong, and hopefully will be able to avoid it next time, but so annoying when you get something fundamental wrong, there's no going back to fix it! More on this at the weekend..

I made a start on the walnut for the 'proper' footstool framework, and had terrible trouble machining the smaller-section parts ie not the logs - terrible scorching, I even resorted to trying saw variations, all to no avail. Planed up another piece of walnut and it was fine - same blade, same saws, no issues at all! So, sometimes it's not you, it's not the gear, it's the wood!


Once that was done, it was just a matter of a bit of careful measuring and marking out, and because the smaller sections are so slender, I used the old cotton-reel dowel trick - still works a treat!

I managed to get the small sub-frame all together and gluing up, and fingers crossed I'll get the stool sorted tomorrow.


Keep you posted on that, and I'll have a longer vid at the weekend about the whole Danish cord thing.


All best for now and have a great evening,


Peter


123 views2 comments
10MW New Header.jpg
EmbeddedImage.png